Saturday, October 15, 2011

Some Stuff What I Have Done

So, I've just subbed three novellas. I'm alternating between feeling good about them, feeling terrible about them, and having dreams that feature some weird guy wanting to buy them because they're about a character called Aleph.

Just for the record, they're not. Nowhere in any of them is there an Aleph. But you can find out a bit about two of them - Sheltered and Doubled - over at Oh Get A Grip. I posted actually snippets from them, which is a big scary thing for me. Behold:

http://ohgetagrip.blogspot.com/2011/10/stupidly-timed-eye-problems.html

The third one on there, Love Letters, isn't quite done yet. The third sub I sent my editor was actually Singing Electricity, my werewolf thingie that I've had on my uhm and ah burner for a while now.

Because that's the thing, you see. I uhm and ah about a WIP, and then it never gets done. I second guess it - will readers like this bit, will they like that, am I just a giant idiot - and nothing moves forward.

Even now I'm second guessing myself over a whole host of things like:

1. What if the disaster I had with awful synopses means the stink of terribleness is now all over my stories?

2. What if my sales at EC are so bad for my latest book, that it can't possibly be a yes on any of my subs anyway?

3. What if the stories are just plain terrible?

4. What if it's all of the above, plus even more awful things I haven't thought of? Maybe I accidentally subbed that fanfic I wrote about Armie Hammer and Brandon Routh having sex all over me, even though I've never actually written anything like that I swear to God. I mean, the heroes in Love Letters kind of look like Armie Hammer and Brandon Routh, but I promise I've changed their names and given them personalities I thought up.

Now they're called Artie Bammer and Brendon South, and they're...uh...singers. Yeah. Singers.*

But I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah, back in boring old neurosis-land. Because it is boring. I know I'm boring people with it. But once you're stuck in it, it's so hard to get out of.

Though I did momentarily get out of it long enough to write about Sci-fi hunks. Hooray!

http://geekandkink.com/2011/10/the-new-era-of-tit-arms/

And also, All Other Things is now available on the Kindle and over at All Romance Ebooks:

http://www.amazon.com/All-Other-Things-ebook/dp/B005OYI2O8/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318638351&sr=1-3

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-allotherthings-605721-144.html

Double hooray!




*For those of you who may now be worried about my writing career, the characters are not really called Artie Bammer and Brendon South, and they're not singers, either. It's a passing resemblance, and nothing else, honest guv'nor.

2 comments:

  1. lol!

    Talking of neurosis ...
    God, you are so prolific. Aieee. My conscience is now nagging me "Why can't you write as much as Chartlotte Stein?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL hon - all I ever think is "I'm too slooooww. I need to write as many books as XYZ". and you should also know - I somehow had all my books written this year out in one month. It wasn't planned!

    ReplyDelete